Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Navigate back to the Browse Page from inside a collection

Level 3

Hello,

Here is my scenario: In a collection trying to Navigate back to the collection Browse Page as I am trying to use it kind of like a Table of Contents.

Yes I tried the "navto://collection/[collectionname]?openTo=browsePage" with no luck.

I know the answer is out there but I can't find it.

J

5 Replies

Employee

That should work. Do you have a typo in your collection name? Did you use the collection name and not the collection title? Have you tried testing navto links to other collections or articles?

Level 3

My Collection Title is "BEPADM" and Collection Name is "Business Edition Premise 8.1.2 Administration."

I have tried in several different collections and no success.

Is there perhaps a different way of doing the same thing? Like a goto option?

J

Employee

I think you have that reversed. The Collection Name isn't allowed to have spaces. Try the link with BEPADM.

You can try using navto://relative/parent, which is like a back button. It works if users tap a card to open an article, but if users tap a link from a different article, tapping the link takes them to the previous article, not to the browse page. I think you want to get the navto://collection link to work.

Level 3

This is really mind boggling. We have a collection that contains a collection with articles. The parent collection cannot be accessed from the articles by direct linking via navto://collection/[collectionname]?openTo=browsePage

But navto://relative/parent works. But it is always leading to the collection, even though you said it would lead to the previous article if you came there by a navto link. That is not the case.

So everything is working for us as we would like it to. But I find the behavior so strange as it differs from every documentation I read, including your posts, Bob. Does that have to do with the nested collections?

Level 3

YES! Nested collection changes the entire game.

In my situation I have collections nested. So the "navto://relative/parent" works over the higher level navigation of "navto://collection/[collectionname]?openTo=browsePage" which only works at top level ( A collection you can access directly from the landing/opening part of your app).