Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Missing accents in Android push notifications

Level 2

Hi,

With the release of AEM Mobile version 2016.14, I set up Android push notifications through On-Demand Service for our app.

I successfully sent a push notification to an Android device, however there seems to be a problem with french accents. They are replaced with question marks.

In the screenshot below, the text should read : "L'éducation et les impôts fouillent dans vos..."

Android_push.png

We have no problems with accents in iOS text notifications.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I wanted to give you an update.

Fixes for the accent issue and truncated messages are being pursued for our next release in January.

The branded icon request is a bit more complex and needs some additional coordination, but I have put it in our list of feature requests.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Thanks for bringing this up. I have shared your post with the engineering team to take a look to determine why this is not working correctly.

Level 2

Thank you Nathan, please keep me posted.

We have noticed some other issues with the Android push notifications :

- The icon for the notification is an exclamation mark in a chat bubble instead of the app icon. Is there a way to change that?

- When we display the notifications view on the Android device, we only see a portion of the text. The rest is truncated. Usually on Android you should be able to swipe down to see the rest of the text. It's doesn't work with the AEM Mobile notification. Any plans to change this behaviour?

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Hi Nathan,

Do you have anything news about Louis-Philippe request concerning Android push?

-Missing french accents

-Icon notification

-No swipe

THX

Eric Latour

News director of mobile app

Employee

I have reported the issues to the engineering team to investigate but I do not have a timeline yet on a resolution.

Correct answer by
Employee

I wanted to give you an update.

Fixes for the accent issue and truncated messages are being pursued for our next release in January.

The branded icon request is a bit more complex and needs some additional coordination, but I have put it in our list of feature requests.