Expand my Community achievements bar.

Line Breaks in Smooth Scrolling iPad layouts

Level 3

This issue has been reported to Adobe Gold (Enterprise) Support. They confirm the issue and they can repeat it.  They tell me it is sent to engineering, but nothing seems to result.  It was reported in May but there is still now resolution.  It is urgent.

The problem: When you build a smooth scrolling article for iPhone and AEM translates it for an iPad, a white break line appears where a fixed folio size ends (1136, 1332 pixel location, etc.), This is only when using a 1 top-level collection where the same folio is used for both device formats.  This problem is happening on over 6 different App projects.   Have others had this problem?  Maybe if we are all on the same page, Adobe will be more willing to find a fix.  Thanks for your help.

Scrolling1.pngScrolling2.pngScrolling3.png

2 Replies

Employee

Hi there,

We are working on a fix, but in the meantime a colleague pointed me to a potential workaround, can you give this a try?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_51H1kaTVA&t=357s

Level 3

Thanks Darrin.  Yes, we have been working in that fashion for a while.  However, as you can imagine, it is a lot of extra work and we have to keep the original "long" InDesign doc in tact for editing and corrections and a Scrolling frame doc for creating the .article.  A simple, smooth scrolling page is really the best way to go.

Grant