Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Lag time updating Preflight?

jclayto
Level 2
Level 2

Is anyone else seeing substantial lag time between after making a change (replacing an article with updated file etc) and seeing the update appear in the preflight android app? I am remembering to click the pre-flight button for the project after making changes.

0 Replies
Christophe_Joss
Employee
Employee

I have tested a fair bit on Android and it seems to be working ok for me.

Are you using the latest March 8th version: AEM – Mobile Preflight - Android Apps on Google Play     ?

jclayto
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for taking time to test. I am indeed on the latest release of the AEM app.  I am sure the issue I am having results from my lack of experience with the product.  For example, I have a simple project that I have created that consist of one article content file with the default collection containing that article. The content file is a single page html from Muse that was converted to article format. When launching the project in preflight it loads as expected displaying the article page. The problem comes when I need to update that article file. I go back to muse, make changes to the file, re-export the html, repackage as an article and re-upload the article file by clicking on the original article and replacing the content file. I then click the pre-flight button and wait for the process to finish. The changes to the project never appear in preflight. It seems like the app caches the original project the first time I open it and it will not update the view.

On a second project,I have deleted all content in the project yet it still loads as if the content is there in the preflight app.

I am very new to DPS/AEM so I feel certain it has to be something I am doing incorrectly.

Christophe_Joss
Employee
Employee

For testing purposes, can you try and go to your device settings, select your App and enable 'Clear Content' to clear the cache. Then restart your App and see if it does trigger a change.

jclayto
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you, I will give that a shot. 

The changes that I made on the morning of the 16th finally appeared in my preflight app yesterday afternoon without any further intervention from me. I will try clearing the cache on my device between updates.

jclayto
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Christophe,

After clearing the cache all projects loaded as expected. Thanks for the workaround! If it helps with your troubleshooting I am on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5 sm-g900v running Android 5.0.