Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

InDesign CC 2015 crashes on export to .article file

Level 1

I'm running CC15 build 11.2.0.99. I've created a document that I would like to export to an article, but when I go to File > Export... and select DPS Article, InDesign will crash every time. I've even created a very basic layout with just a couple of shapes and it will still crash. I've also deleted InDesign preference files. Does anyone else experience this issue or have a suggestion?

I'm running on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The team resolved this issue by updating the InDesign CC 2015 plug-in. You can either wait until the updated plug-in becomes available through an InDesign CC 2015 update, or you can manually download and install the DPS tools here: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Install tools for DPS 2015

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 1

Yes we're having the same problem at my company, although not across the board. W can't figure out why though. Tried it with new black documents and still happens

Versions:

MacPro late 2013 3.5Ghz 6-Core

OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan

DPS CC 3.4.1.181

InDesign 2015.2 (11.2.0.99 Build)

Any help much appreciated.

Level 6

Moved to DPS2015 forum.

A crash report might help. Post it on pastebin.com and post a link to that here.

Do not post the crash report here.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Can you all check whether or not you also get a crash when exporting to Interactive PDF for instance?

Thanks.

Level 1

Exporting to Interactive PDF works fine here.

Level 1

Exporting to interactive PDF fine here too…

Crash report here:

InDesign Crash on export to article - Pastebin.com

thanks…

Employee Advisor

I'm not able to replicate in a 10.10.5 OS with ID CC 2015 (11.2.0.99 Build). What I've done is I've logged a bug with the product team so they can take a look at the various crash reports you provided.

I'll keep you posted on the investigation.

Level 1

BTW: I'm using OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1 if that helps.

Thanx a lot!

Level 2

We are having the same issue.

One computer is on

Yosemite 10.10.4 and one on EL Capitan 10.11.1

Here is a crash reports.

Process: Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [16327] Path: /A - Pastebin.com

I did notice the article export time stamp does read as if it worked. When Tested, also worked but the update crashed 2x before I could see it.

Level 1

Having the same problem in InDesign CC 2015.2 (11.2. 0.99) It crashes everytime I export a DPS article. Not sure if the articles are ok, as it's such a faff to try and preview them using DPS Preflight, I haven't got that far yet!

Level 1

Not sure if this is related but I had the same issue on a windows machine. On export to article the file would be created but Indesign would crash. Problem went away after I rebooted the computer.

Level 1

Any solution?

I'm having the same issue. I'm using InDesign 2015 build 11.2.0.99. Machine is a 2010 MacBook Pro with 8G of memory and not much other than InDesign running at the time it crashes. Operating system is El Capitan, 10.11.2. What's really worrisome is that I'm going to be asking students to use this feature of InDesign next semester. Having the software crash every time they try to put out an article is going to make for a difficult learning environment.

Level 1

Hi.

We’ve been in touch with Adobe technical support directly and this is a known bug with no fix yet available.  This is, quite frankly, just not good enough from Adobe; the issue has been evident for over a month now and they are aware of the problem.  I have pressed our account manager for help.  Sorry I can't offer you more help.

Employee

The team has been working on a fix since the issue was reported. There were a few challenges in isolating the failure that slowed up progress, but those have been overcome. I don't yet have an exact timeline for when the fix will be deployed, but it is a top priority for the dev team.

One note, the .article file is actually properly created. The crash is occurring after the operation completes. This doesn't make the crash less disruptive, but you may find that information helpful.

If feasible, you can install and run InDesign CC 2014 on the same system and use that to create article files. Instructions for installing previous versions of CC apps can be found here: Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Level 1

‌I am having the same issue on windows 10.....

Level 1

Having the same issue. Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F27) InDesign CC 2015. Does not create the .article file at all before the crash.

Correct answer by
Employee

The team resolved this issue by updating the InDesign CC 2015 plug-in. You can either wait until the updated plug-in becomes available through an InDesign CC 2015 update, or you can manually download and install the DPS tools here: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Install tools for DPS 2015