Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

In-house app distribution error using Mobile-Iron: required CoreFoundation property is missing?

Level 1

I'm trying to test an IPA file created in DPS 2015 using Mobile Iron. My IT partner received this error message from Mobile Iron - "Error: a required CoreFoundation (CF) property is missing from the IPA file." I've been using Mobile Iron to deploy enterprise apps for 2 years and I've never received this error message. Any ideas? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We just made a change to App Builder to start writing CFBundleDisplayName. This change will be available in our next release, which I believe ships in early January.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

I found this thread over on Stackoverflow about this problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22281517/in-house-app-distribution-error-using-mobile-iron-requir.... When the right guy gets in this morning I'll wander over and double-check that we're setting all the properties listed in that thread.

Neil

Employee

Ok, I took a quick look at this with the help of an engineer. Based on that stackoverflow post our guess is that MobileIron is complaining because we do not set CFBundleDisplayName in DPS apps. This is actually fine per Apple's documentation: CFBundleDisplayName is an optional parameter.

I suggest contacting MobileIron and asking them to investigate and perhaps report it as a bug to them. They shouldn't be enforcing the presence of an optional parameter.

Neil

Correct answer by
Employee

We just made a change to App Builder to start writing CFBundleDisplayName. This change will be available in our next release, which I believe ships in early January.

Neil

Employee

Oops, got my release dates wrong. Release will actually be later this month. Even better!

Neil