Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I setup app and all collections to open as a content view !!! but no working !!!

Level 2

I setup my app and all collections in it to open as a content view !!! but not working !!! Everything opens as browser page view Why it is not working ????

Can anyone explain please !!!! i just want the app open as an standard magazine from left to right!!! without a browser page in each collection !!!! It is possible ???? i've tried several times and nothing !!!!

Thanks a lot in advance to everybody !!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Whenever you launch a collection from the top level, the collection is displayed as a browse page instead of content view. For example, if you create a collection and set it to Content View, opening that collection from the app menu will display the browse page, but opening that same collection from a different collection (such as the "home" collection) will honor Content View and display the first article. My guess is that you launched your collections from the app menu.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Whenever you launch a collection from the top level, the collection is displayed as a browse page instead of content view. For example, if you create a collection and set it to Content View, opening that collection from the app menu will display the browse page, but opening that same collection from a different collection (such as the "home" collection) will honor Content View and display the first article. My guess is that you launched your collections from the app menu.

Level 2

Ok Thanks a lot Bob cool info !!!!

One more please!!! Is there anyway to hide the cards thumbnails ? Because our app has 145 pages, so we migrate from the DPS 2014, and it show 140 thumbnails !! lot of work with cards !!! we want to build a main and principal browser page with maybe 12 cards for the different sections !! Is this posible ??? Thanks a lot in advance Bob !!!!

Employee

It sounds like your app has 145 articles all in the same collection. Here are a couple ways to handle this:

Option 1 - If you don't want an article to appear on a browse page, select "Hide from Browse Page" in article properties. Users will be able to jump to that article from a link or swipe to it horizontally, but it won't appear on the browse page.

Option 2 - Create 12 sub-collections that appear as cards on your home page. Add the articles to these sub-collections. If you don't want to bother with browse pages, set each sub-collection to Content View so that the first article appears.

I would go with Option 2.

Level 2

WOW !!!! Excelent !!! Thanks a lot !!! Thats what we need !!!   We will take option 2 yes !!!  to generate an easy way to navigate !!!!

We are going to work right now  !!!