Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I Import PowerPoint files into DPS 2015?

Level 1

Hi All,

I'm new to DPS so please take it easy on me

In previous versions of DPS I see there was a plugin for Powerpoint that created a folio that was published to the DPS environment. I tried the latest version of this and get the error that I do not have permissions to create a folio on the server.... I am suspecting that is code for "folios are not directly supported any longer".

So how do you go about publishing Powerpoint to DPS 2015? I have looked for documentation with little success.

Any help would be appreciated.

One of the things I want to see in this process is whether a Powerpoint will map to an article within a collection or is it a app in its own right or whatever.

Thanks

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Simon,

You'll need to export your PowerPoint file to the previous version of DPS, then use the folio migration tool in DPS 2015 to migrate them to the new DPS environment.

The latest release of the PPT Export Tool supports PowerPoint sections as markers to indicate where the presentation should be split into individual articles. This is handy for the migration process I mention above, as the result will be individual articles in the Content section of the portal.

Neil

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Simon,

You'll need to export your PowerPoint file to the previous version of DPS, then use the folio migration tool in DPS 2015 to migrate them to the new DPS environment.

The latest release of the PPT Export Tool supports PowerPoint sections as markers to indicate where the presentation should be split into individual articles. This is handy for the migration process I mention above, as the result will be individual articles in the Content section of the portal.

Neil

Employee

Hi ,

You cannot do this at the moment. Your best option would be to import into DPS Classic from Powerpoint and then use the migration tool to get the content into DPS 2015.