Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Fonts from app i html-articles

Level 3

We have included a few of our fonts in the app using font-manifest.

Is it possible to use the same fonts in our html-articles?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can't use the copy of the font that you used for cards and layouts.

You can however include the same font with each article using web fonts and the @ font-face rules in your CSS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can't use the copy of the font that you used for cards and layouts.

You can however include the same font with each article using web fonts and the @ font-face rules in your CSS.

Employee

With the new Fonts workflow, it looks like you'll be able to link to the upload font from articles. We're currently testing this. More information coming...

Level 5

Sweet! looking forward to a nice font integration like that!

Level 6

The font uploading system was built to support the font use on Cards. And this is working pretty well.

The concept of tapping into the app-embedded fonts for HTML articles wasn't part of the original engineering -- and at the moment this isn't supported. I suggest dialing-back the enthusiasm just a bit for now. Sure, express how much you'd like to see this, but please understand that any hack on this may be unstable or break in the future.

Product Management understands the appeal of having HTML access to the embedded fonts, and they and engineering are going to take a look at this. As soon as it's viable, Bob and I will share the methods.

Sorry for asking you to dial-back on this, but I think in both the short-term and long-term we'll have less frustration this way.

HTH -- Colin

Employee

Even though referencing uploaded fonts from HTML articles isn't yet supported, my recommendation is to amp up the enthusiasm to a level between "measured" and "unbridled." The choice is yours . . .

Level 5

I'm going with "Cautious Optimism".