Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folio Migration Incomplete, check Errors

Level 2

Attempts to migrate a “classic” DPS folio fail with the error, “Folio “folio name”; there was a problem communicating with the server, the operation failed after “5" retries."

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I don’t think it was the degradation—it failed again this morning. But—after unchecking the “Force overwrite already migrated articles” checkbox, everything migrated OK. There are likely minor variations somewhere between the new articles, revised articles and untouched content that got things confused. Everything worked in the end though.

Wouldn’t have to do this dance except I still have HTMLResources.zip at play in this book.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Jeffrey,

this might be related to a service degradation we had last night : https://status.publish.adobe.com/?p=983

Can you try again now everything has been restored and let us know?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 2

I don’t think it was the degradation—it failed again this morning. But—after unchecking the “Force overwrite already migrated articles” checkbox, everything migrated OK. There are likely minor variations somewhere between the new articles, revised articles and untouched content that got things confused. Everything worked in the end though.

Wouldn’t have to do this dance except I still have HTMLResources.zip at play in this book.

Employee

Interesting...the force overwrite is supposed to be a big hammer that makes sure everything gets migrated over even if you did previous migrations. Please let me know if you run into this error again.

Level 2

Resurrecting this thread for the recurring error. I can’t seem to migrate at all now.

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 2.27.21 PM.png

Employee

I wonder if you need to use your Application account to sign in to digitalpublishing.acrobat.com before you migrate. You might need to accept the terms of use. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Level 2

That’s not it—I’m signed in to the DPS page as well.

Employee

I just did a quick test and I was able to migrate content, so it's not a global issue. You might need to call Tech Support for troubleshooting help.

Employee Advisor

Hi Jeffrey,

I came across the same issue with another customer a few weeks ago, it turned out it was project specific. What we did at the time is we made a slight change to the project name (just added a number at the end) and then reverted back to the original name. After that it looks like it fixed the project itself and we were then able to migrate the Folio that originally failed.

Could you test this at your end and let us know?

Thanks!

Level 2

Changing the name of the target project, changing it back, then migrating the DPS content actually worked! Well done, Christophe! I wouldn’t have come up with this solution myself.