Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Entitlement service and DPS2015 - 2

Level 2

Hello

Following the thread  Entitlement service and DPS2015 I´d like to register my attempts to setup the direct entitlement service on DPS 2015.

01. I setup up my PROJECT with direct entitlement service:

a. INTEGRATOR ID

b. APPLICATION ID

c. SUBSCRIPTION URL

d. FORGOT PASSWORD URL

02. I have not found another place to setup the direct entitlement service.

There is only the configuration option in the PROJECT, right?

03. I setup my application for IOS and ANDROID.

In the IOS version, there is an option "MY ACCOUNT" in the menu. But this option works with iTunes authentication, only.

In the ANDROID version, there is no option in the menu.

I did something wrong?

04. In the DPS 2014, I was using the PRIVATE/PUBLIC options in the folios, to control my customers licence.

This option I haven't found in the COLLECTION or in the ARTICLE, in the DPS 2015.

I´m still reading the DPS2015 documentation available at Digital Publishing Solution Support.

I´m still testing.

Thank's for any information about the direct entitlement service.

If anyone had success with this option, please be cool to share the experience with us.

Thanks. Great job, people.

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Leo,

There's no need anymore to specify entitlement settings when building your custom apps in App Builder. Unlike the previous version of DPS, in DPS 2015 the viewers will retrieve the direct entitlement configuration at runtime. This does, however, depend on your integrator ID being registered with us. Have you contacted customer support to get your entitlement server registered?

With regards to public/private, that isn't a concept in DPS 2015. Are you attempting to do restricted distribution (where a reader cannot see content unless they are signed in and have rights to it)? If so that feature isn't supported yet in DPS 2015.

Thanks,

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Leo,

There's no need anymore to specify entitlement settings when building your custom apps in App Builder. Unlike the previous version of DPS, in DPS 2015 the viewers will retrieve the direct entitlement configuration at runtime. This does, however, depend on your integrator ID being registered with us. Have you contacted customer support to get your entitlement server registered?

With regards to public/private, that isn't a concept in DPS 2015. Are you attempting to do restricted distribution (where a reader cannot see content unless they are signed in and have rights to it)? If so that feature isn't supported yet in DPS 2015.

Thanks,

Neil

Level 3

Hi Neil,

what do you think? When will the restricted distribution be available?

Best regards,

Lars

Employee

I don't have an expected availability date for it. We are working on it, but it's not an easy feature to build.

Neil

Level 2

Neil

I already have some applications in the app stores (IOS and Google) that's configured with my integrator ID. This applications it's running over DPS 2014 with no problem. My integrator ID is already registered with Adobe.

I´m using the same Integrator ID for DPS 2015.

The Integrator ID for DPS 2014 work's on DPS 2015? Or something have to be changed with Adobe?

Thanks for your help.

Leo

Employee

They work with DPS 2015 but I believe you have to request for the configurations to be connected. Have you called Enterprise support for assistance?

Neil