Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DPS Preflight shows app in landscape, not portrait

Level 1

Hello,

In DPS 2015, I have my Android app configured to 'portrait', both for tablets and phones. However, when I publish my content to Preflight and open it on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab E), the content is shown in landscape. Can anyone enlighten me on what I am doing wrong?

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

A little more detail on this, it's great once you understand it...

In DPS Preflight, when looking at My Projects you can rotate your device. The project view will rotate. If you tap on a project to see the content, cards, etc. and you're holding the device in landscape -- you'll view the project in landscape.

Return to My Projects, change the device orientation and open a project -- you view it in whatever orientation was active when you entered the project.

Doing this with HTML articles that have media queries can be really tripy!

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi Neil, thanks for your quick response. Signing out and back in at the Preflight app on my device fixed it. I now have the app in portrait mode, just as intended. Problem solved :-)

Paul

Employee

If you’re using the preflight app from the store, the orientation we show the content in is the orientation you were actually holding the device when you were on the project screen.

Neil

Correct answer by
Level 6

A little more detail on this, it's great once you understand it...

In DPS Preflight, when looking at My Projects you can rotate your device. The project view will rotate. If you tap on a project to see the content, cards, etc. and you're holding the device in landscape -- you'll view the project in landscape.

Return to My Projects, change the device orientation and open a project -- you view it in whatever orientation was active when you entered the project.

Doing this with HTML articles that have media queries can be really tripy!

HTH