Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DPS from indesign article blank on ipad

Level 1

I'm testing a simple indesign exported to article app.

On the iPad the boot logo comes up and then the screen goes white.

Using DSP 2015 and indesign 2015

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Since your top-level collection is all articles you're hitting the problem where we don't have a way to show the update is available in that case.

Neil

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee

Did you add the article to the default top-level collection?

Neil

Level 1

Just added articles to default top level and no change.  I created html and converted to article and also tried indesign to article.

Can I preview on the mac?

Employee

No, you need to use the app on an iPad. Did you build the app as a preview app? Did you click the preview button in the content dashboard?

Neil

Level 1

The preview button didn't do anything.

Employee

Did you build the app as a preview app? Can you post a screenshot of your collection view in the portal with the collections expanded?

Neil

Level 1

Enable preview is checked on the app.

adobepub.jpg

Correct answer by
Employee

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Since your top-level collection is all articles you're hitting the problem where we don't have a way to show the update is available in that case.

Neil

Level 1

I've done that before but this time it worked.  Bad news.  DPS no longer supports the little guy.  Only the Enterprise Edition is now available to use.  Its only $25,000.  Thats rude.

Level 1

The collections  from the default top shows up but not the other sections.  How do I link those in?

Main page and multi-unit.

How do I add an update button?

Employee

Hi Eric,

You need to build out your hierarchy. If you want other articles/collections to show up, add them either to the top-level collection or to other collections within it. They nest, like folders and files on your computer.

The update button will appear on the browse page for any collection in your system. You'll only hit snags if your top level collection consists completely of articles. We suggest having at least one collection in the top level to provide a place for updates to happen.

If you haven't seen them yet you may find Colin's intro tutorial on getting started with DPS 2015 useful: Get started with Digital Publishing Solution | Adobe Digital Publishing Solution tutorials.

Neil