Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DPS and CC 2015... out of luck for previewing after trial expires?

Level 1

Hoping someone has some suggestions for me. I am a design educator. I have been working with students to create digital magazines, and until CC 2015 they were able to use the Adobe content viewer and show their working magazines in Adobe Content viewer. If I am understanding things correctly, the only way students creating a digital magazine in CC 2015 can show them working in their portfolio is to purchase a full license of Digital Publishing Solutions(after they have built and learned about it with their 30 day trial) because folios are not a part of CC 2015. Students aren't going to be able to afford a full license. So are they just out of luck to share a functioning version of what they have learned after working in CC 2015? This was an excellent feature/possibility with the previous versions and the folio builder.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

That’s a pretty accurate assessment. DPS is an enterprise solution that carries with it an enterprise price tag.

There’s no assurance beyond next summer that folio based workflows will even be supported if the demand for it has dropped significantly among DPS customers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

That’s a pretty accurate assessment. DPS is an enterprise solution that carries with it an enterprise price tag.

There’s no assurance beyond next summer that folio based workflows will even be supported if the demand for it has dropped significantly among DPS customers.

Level 1

Hi, so just to clarify that there won't be any release of this to paying creative cloud customers? Why is this only for enterprise users?

Level 6

My only suggestion is, as an educator, contact your Adobe Sales Rep about a license for the educating institution. Adobe is working quite a bit with higher ed to help them access DPS without being able to pay the same prices as large corporations. Granted, the school would still need to pay for the license. However, the students would only need an Adobe ID to be able to work on and contribute to projects. With the full license, products could be published on an MDM (Mobile Device Management server) or possibly even within an  App Store - depending on what you are creating, and then students could get access to and refer to the work they had done in school.

HTH

-Tommy