Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Deep links from external App

Level 2

We want to link from an external CRM-App into the AEM/DPS-App. If we install the Development-App and the Live-App on the same iPad, how we can specify which app should be open? The link format for deep links contains the publicatonID. Is the publicationID identical for both apps?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To link from outside the app, you can use this format:

dps.<publicationID>://

Example: dps.d14ddfea-7e7f-45ee-a2ef-cffc669627aa://

See the section of the hyperlinks article about linking from outside the app: Hyperlinks in AEM Mobile

To answer your question, if you have both a development app and a production app installed on the same device, I'm not sure which app take precedence. Both refer to the same publication ID. Personally, I try to avoid having the dev and dist versions of the same app on a device. Unless you build your app using Enterprise certs, Apple doesn't let you install both the dev and dist version of the app on a device, so I haven't tested this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

under iOS it should be possible using the CustomURL-Scheme which contains your App-ID/bundle-id (specified in the Apple developer portal and in the aemmobile-portal under apps)

This (old) documentation should show you how to create the link

Programmatic navigation with JavaScript and web content overlays | Adobe Developer Connection

Correct answer by
Employee

To link from outside the app, you can use this format:

dps.<publicationID>://

Example: dps.d14ddfea-7e7f-45ee-a2ef-cffc669627aa://

See the section of the hyperlinks article about linking from outside the app: Hyperlinks in AEM Mobile

To answer your question, if you have both a development app and a production app installed on the same device, I'm not sure which app take precedence. Both refer to the same publication ID. Personally, I try to avoid having the dev and dist versions of the same app on a device. Unless you build your app using Enterprise certs, Apple doesn't let you install both the dev and dist version of the app on a device, so I haven't tested this.