Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customization of Article Access Lock Screen

Former Community Member

When the user is not logged in and he is not entitled to access a protect article, is shows a screen with a lock in the middle and a button "View Purchase Options".

Is there a way to customize this screen adding more information to user explaining why the content is locked for him?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

At the moment there is no way to customize this screen beyond the background image (which comes from the article), and the product label and product description (which you can configure in the portal on the Product & Subscriptions tab).

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

At the moment there is no way to customize this screen beyond the background image (which comes from the article), and the product label and product description (which you can configure in the portal on the Product & Subscriptions tab).

Neil

Level 5

Hi Neil, I'm hoping this will be something that is customisable within a few sprints. Can I ask for this as a feature request as a matter of urgency - need this purchase point to have a better appearance, on brand, improved text - ie: drop in HTML in place.

Your previous solution in DPSuite - Next Free Article, etc - was spot on. Is this possible? Big ask I know, but a big client is requesting it.

Much appreciated.

David

Employee

Hi David, Customizing paywall messaging is on the roadmap and will be part of our next quarter prioritization discussion. We do not currently have a delivery target for this capability.

Changing the default article preview and paywall flow is not currently in plan. We do continue to evaluate extensibility APIs to provide more control over the in-app experience. We've had several requests for "skipping to the next free article" and will include this in future planning discussion.

Kristy