Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Custom Collection Menus...

Level 6

Ok, during a strategy session for a very large corporate project, discussion of the use of the App menu came up. During the discussion, we realized how limited we were with what we can include within the hamburger menu. The app we're creating is going to have approximately 47 "presentations" within the TLC. Then, each of those presentations will be templated to conform to 6 main categories within it, and then sub categories within that... 

The problem is, once we go into one of the 47 presentations, we render that app menu useless - other than getting to a different of the 47 presos.

We need a way to add a Collection level navigation, without adding it to each individual article within 47 unique templated presentations (collections).

Is there any way to currently (or being discussed on the roadmap) to do this?  

I'd be glad to discuss further w/ an engineer offline - this is an extremely large DPS contract.

Thanks,

Tommy

8 Replies

Employee

Once you're in one of those 47 presentations, what do you want the menu to show?

Neil

Level 6

We'd like the App Menu to feature the 6 categories that are going to be common in each of those 47 presentations.

I'm thinking they may have to have each pres as a separate app, in order to have the functionality that they want, and just set up a unique interface on the MDM that serves the 47 presentations.

Employee

So once you're inside one of those 47 presentations you'd see a browse page for one of those six categories, and you'd want those six categories to be what's in the menu (instead of the 47 presentations)?

Neil

Level 6

That's correct, so that as the user delves into one of those six categories, they could quickly and easily navigate to other parts of that presentation by using either the back button to go out one level, or the app menu (which reveals the 6 categories) to quickly jump to the top of any main category.  Make sense?

Employee

Yup. I'm actually working on designing a feature right now that would do what you want, but it's in the early design stage and not planned for development at the moment. Your scenario helped me validate the design though!

Neil

Level 6

That's great!  I can shoot you a note with more details offline Neil. Thanks though... That may help with strategy for this project.

Level 3

Just to back you up on this:

This is exactly what we need as well!

And I'm certain, that we two are not the only ones that need the menu to contain individual links depending on publication/presentation.

Regards,

Toni

Level 3

My company was also in a strategy meeting and wanting to know if there could be sub sections/categories in the hamburger menu and to be able to customize the menu for different sections.