Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Content Not Found

Level 1

After building the app according to quick-start instructions, the app installs and launches on iOS, but the title says "Content Not Found" and the page says "Tap to Refresh".

I have followed instructions in the quick-start guide many times, hopefully I didn't do something to screw up my environment.

Some details:

I ended up starting several projects, thinking that a clean start would help.

I tried Migrating Folios from old DPS, because a friend told me they got content to load this way, but I get an error that I am not permissioned to migrate. I tried allowing everything for myself user, even though I wouldn't think I need to as the Master user, but that didn't help anyway.

I am going to try re-downloading all the files and start over again from scratch, but I've spent a whole day already without anything working yet.

Please help, I am willing to try any/all tips

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The app started working all of a sudden, anything happen on the Adobe side you're aware of?

The only new thing I tree was to hit the "Preview All Content..." button to the right of the project drop-down, thinking this might be another data point to check on status of content. (It didn't seem to do anything)

Could that have corrected whatever was going wrong with content on the backend?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

This sounds like you either:

1) Didn't publish your collections

2) Didn't add anything to your top-level default collection

Neil

Level 1

Thanks for the tip Neil.

I have tried to follow the guide strictly by the numbers, and seeing the "Content Not Found", I have made many attempts to make sure the default collection contains the BlueArticle collection, and that the BlueCollection collection contains the BlueArticle article.

I also publish religiously after any change to a collection or it's children.

I just tried again from scratch, still getting the same error.

Employee

Do you have one or two default collections? Are you on a phone or a tablet?

Can you post a screenshot of your collection view with the collections expanded?

Neil

Level 2

I just tried this again using a developer's sub-account, thinking maybe another fresh start would help. Still no luck.

I'm deploying to an iPad 2, single default collection.

Btw, Folio Migration works from the sub-account, but publishing that collection and adding it to the default didn't solve this Content Not Found issue.

dps_2015_beta_app.png

Employee

Have you tried waiting about 10 minutes and then relaunching the app? It may just be that it's taking a bit for the content to get out to the cache servers.

Neil

Level 2

Yes I have tried waiting quite a bit longer than 10 minutes, still "Content Not Found".

I also tried installing the app on an iPhone, but the same results.

Correct answer by
Level 2

The app started working all of a sudden, anything happen on the Adobe side you're aware of?

The only new thing I tree was to hit the "Preview All Content..." button to the right of the project drop-down, thinking this might be another data point to check on status of content. (It didn't seem to do anything)

Could that have corrected whatever was going wrong with content on the backend?

Employee

Clicking that button is exactly what fixed it. You must have built the apps in App Builder with the preview option enabled.

We have a better error for this case in the upcoming release that will tell you in the viewer exactly what to do.

Neil