Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Cards metadata titles aré displayed correctly in iPad not in iPhone!!

Level 2

‌hi everybody !!!!

I have 12 navigation cards, all of my card's metadata tItles are displayed correctly in ipad viewer, but not in the iPhone 6 viewer !!

Im using top image templates !!!I've tried to change the typo size, padding etc ... But not working !!!  it seems imposible to correct !!! Any sugestions or advices please ???

thanks in avance !!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

With an image top format for your card it's quite possible that your image aspect ratio nearly matches your card shape -- and that would force the label out of view. Since your phone and tablet have different overall aspect ratios, that's why the label appears on your iPad but not your iPhone. Your card design and image aspect ratio more closely matches the phone, so there's less room for the label to appear.

So either change the image aspect ratio, increase the card height, change the layout grid aspect ratio, or use a different card format. The first three options are how/where you tweak shapes (aspect ratios).

HTH;

Colin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

I am having the same issue! Let me know if you have figured it out!

Correct answer by
Level 6

With an image top format for your card it's quite possible that your image aspect ratio nearly matches your card shape -- and that would force the label out of view. Since your phone and tablet have different overall aspect ratios, that's why the label appears on your iPad but not your iPhone. Your card design and image aspect ratio more closely matches the phone, so there's less room for the label to appear.

So either change the image aspect ratio, increase the card height, change the layout grid aspect ratio, or use a different card format. The first three options are how/where you tweak shapes (aspect ratios).

HTH;

Colin

Level 2

Hi Colin !!! thanks a lot in advance !!! we will try these advices !!!! we missed the navigation system from the old 2014 dps !!! The top thumbnails and the thumbnails slider !!!! Thanks a lot for your answers !!!

Level 6

Hey Maurice;

Followup thoughts:

For a top image card, I'd likely build the card to be tall.

-- Then use the image aspect ratio to keep the image "short" a 2:1 or 1:1 in a card that's 2 column and 4 rows will likely work better than a wide card.

For an image left or right, I'd likely build the card to be wide.

-- Then use a "tall" image aspect ratio, 1:2 or 1:1 in a card that's 3 column by 2 rows, will likely work better.

But your layout's aspect ratio also have an influence -- This is all connected...

HTH

Level 2

Thanks a lot in advance Colin !!!! This new dps 2015 its a little tricky !!!!

Level 2

Great support Colín !!!! Thanks a lot !!! Great answers !!!

Regards !!!

Maurice !!!!