Expand my Community achievements bar.

Beta Layout Templates

Level 2

Hi!

We have to upload a new version of an app. The old version is made with Digital Publishing Suite, now we create a new version with Digital Publishing Solution 2015.

We upload the last version to iTunes Connect but the app was rejected.

We use the Beta "Layout Templates" tab to create cards and layouts.

Can I submit app with beta layout templates?

This is the message from Apple

February 3, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Da Apple

• 2.2 - Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected
  • 2.9 - Apps that are "demo", "trial", or "test" versions will be rejected. Beta Apps may only be submitted through TestFlight and must follow the TestFlight guidelines
  1. 2.9 Details

Your app still contains references to test, trial, demo, beta, pre-release or other incomplete content. Specifically, a modal alert appears when tapping on the app icon from the iOS device homescreen, stating "'WSK Promotion' Beta Has Expired".

We’ve attached screenshot(s) for your reference.

Next Steps

Please remove all references to “demo,” “trial,” “beta,” or “test” in your application description, app icon, screenshots, previews, release notes, and binary. If you would like to conduct a beta trial for your app, you may wish to review the
    TestFlight Beta Testing Guide.

--------------------------------------------------

Additionally,

2.2 Details

During review, your app failed to launch on iPad running iOS 9.2.1 and iPhone running iOS 9.2.1 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks. Specifically, when we selected the application on the Home screen, the app displayed a launch image then quit unexpectedly. This may be because iOS 9 uses a watchdog timer for applications; if an application takes too long to complete its initial startup, the operating system terminates the application.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the launch issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

For
    new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

Resources

For information about the watchdog timer, please see
    Technical Q&A: Application does not crash when launched from debugger but crashes when launched by u....
    If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in
    Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with
    Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
    - complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    - screenshots
    - steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    -
    symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log
4 Replies

Employee

There should be no problem with submitting an app with beta layout templates. I submitted an app with layout templates (and layout renditions), and it was approved.

Apple reported a "'WSK Promotion' Beta Has Expired" message when the app is launched. Do you see that message when you launch the app? I'm not sure why that message is appearing, but it appears to be the cause of the rejection.

Level 2

Is your signing tool up to date? There was a problem with his 3-4 months ago that required Adobe shipping a new signing tool.

Level 2

Hi Bob,

I launched the app with Xcode and with Test Flight and the app works corretly.

Level 2

Hi jerwarren

I sign the app with signing tool v3.0.0 and the latest version is v3.0.1... I don't think is this the problem, but thank you for your interest, if I don't discover any more in a few days I will sign the app with the new version.