Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Article preview without Subscription?

Level 1

Hi there!

I'm studying DPS 2015 but I have the problem that I can not preview my articles with Adobe Content Viewer on my iPad or my Android phone!

With DPS 2014 i do not have this problem! How to solve?

If i try to DPS 2015 login Digital Publishing Solution | Beta Program i see this message: User is not provisioned to use this application

Sure my Adobe ID was not in Beta Program (but now the beta is off) but sure i have a CC Individual Complete Plan!

User-is-not-provisioned-to-use-this-application.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to use DPS 2015 you have to sign up for a trial account, which is valid for 30 days. You can get a trial account by going to http://www.adobe.com/go/dps. Creative Cloud subscriptions do not grant access to DPS 2015.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to use DPS 2015 you have to sign up for a trial account, which is valid for 30 days. You can get a trial account by going to http://www.adobe.com/go/dps. Creative Cloud subscriptions do not grant access to DPS 2015.

Neil

Level 1

Hi Neil, thanks for your help. Confirm that for DPS 2015:

1) the only solution to test article is a Preview App that require a valid subscription!

2) I can not test with Adobe Content Viewer! (this is only for DPS 2014)

3) I can not test with Desktop Preview! (this is only for DPS 2014)

4) If my Adobe ID was in Beta Program what changed for me for now?

PS: if these infos are correct my publisher need to buy the licence immediately!

Employee

Hi Mirta,

You can't do any work with DPS 2015 unless you have either a trial account or a DPS subscription. None of the dashboard capabilities are available without either of those two types of accounts.

1) You need to build a preview app, and per what I wrote above you either need a trial account or a subscription.

2) The Adobe Content Viewer isn't used with DPS 2015.

3) You can if you want to test overlays, but honestly the desktop preview tool is so old it's not really a true reflection of interactivity in either DPS 2014 or DPS 2015.

4) The beta program ended over a month ago. You need to either get a trial account, which is valid for 30 days, or purchase a full license to DPS.

Neil

Level 1

Hi Neil, thanks again - now i understand more!

About question 1:

- if i build a preview app for iOS can i test on it after 30 days of trial account? I know that Apple certificates have 365 days of duration.

- if i build a preview app for Android can i test on it after 30 days of trail account? Here i do not need any certificate or Google Developer Licence, confirm?

Employee

After your trial expires the apps will no longer work.

Neil