Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Android app installed but will not open

Level 1

Hi just getting into this application today have created a test application that has been signed using a keystore, it is installed on my Sony Xperia M4 but when I click on the app it begins to load up before crashing back to the previous screen. Can anyone help?

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I took a look and it’s crashing because there’s nothing in your top-level collection when the viewer asks for it. This is a known bug in the Android viewer that will be addressed in our next release.

Your screen grab doesn’t show whether your default collection is published. Try the following:

1) If the app isn’t built as a preflight app, check the box next to the default collection and click the publish button

2) If the app is built as a preflight app, click the preflight button in the top right of the content dashboard

3) Clear app data on the device for the app

4) Wait about 10 minutes, then run the app again

Neil

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Employee

Have you tried clearing app data for the app and running again?

Neil

Level 1

Me and a colleague have both tried this, we built two test apps independently of each other and run them on our Android phones and both encounter the same error, could it be a problem with the keystore we created as they were both created using a JDK?

Jason

Employee

How are you installing the apk on the device, and what OS version is on the devices?

Neil

Level 1

HI Neil,

We're both using Android 5.0 and copying the app over using USB and installing on our devices.

Jason

Employee

Can you send me a link to the APK on Creative Cloud or Dropbox or something? I can try installing it and seeing if anything shows in the log.

Neil

Employee

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the problem. Do you have any content in your top-level collection? Is it published?

Neil

Level 1

Have one test article that is a converted web page and has been published.

Employee

Yes, but is it in your top-level collection? Just having an article isn’t sufficient, you have to put it into your top-level collection.

Neil

Level 1

Yeah there is a collection called Default at the top level

Employee

Please post a screenshot of your collection view with all the collections in it expanded so we can see the contents.

Neil

Correct answer by
Employee

I took a look and it’s crashing because there’s nothing in your top-level collection when the viewer asks for it. This is a known bug in the Android viewer that will be addressed in our next release.

Your screen grab doesn’t show whether your default collection is published. Try the following:

1) If the app isn’t built as a preflight app, check the box next to the default collection and click the publish button

2) If the app is built as a preflight app, click the preflight button in the top right of the content dashboard

3) Clear app data on the device for the app

4) Wait about 10 minutes, then run the app again

Neil

Level 1

Thanks Neil,

Seems to be running correctly now.