Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Visible component not working when reopening file

Level 1

I’m using AEM 6.3. I have a Check Box function which opens a hidden row when checked. I’m able to fill out the new row and save it. Unfortunately, when I re-open the file in Reader and DC, the new row is not visible. How can I configure AEM to display the new row when re-opening the file?

Saved layout:

Zenos1618_0-1620075577391.png

Reopened layout:

Zenos1618_1-1620075577394.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Zenos1618 ,

I think the initial state of your form may be wrong. Also, your script is unnecessary complex and uses resolveNode too much. I made a simple version of what I interpreted from your description, see if that does the trick. And as the others said, if opening this in Adobe Reader you need to have Reader Extensions applied to get the form saved in its current state. See here for a form example with no Reader Extensions - open and test in Acrobat Pro.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:9cbdc3e6-92bb-4a6b-9ecb-586a8f6f3999

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Can you provide the form? Or all code/script you have around the checkbox and row?

Level 1

Here you go:

if (this.rawValue == "0") {
this.resolveNode("Construct_Entry").presence = "hidden";
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("Supply_Check");
oTargetField.access = "open";
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("Service_Check");
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("$");
}

if (this.rawValue == "1") {
this.resolveNode("Construct_Entry").presence = "visible";
xfa.host.setFocus("Construct_Entry.Service_RDD");
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("Supply_Check");
oTargetField.access = "readOnly";
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("Service_Check");
oTargetField.access = "readOnly";
oTargetField = this.resolveNode("Construct_Entry");
}

Level 1

Good idea. I tried to Save As Other>Reader Extended PDF>Enable More Tools, but it still didn't show the new row on re-opening the file.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Zenos1618 ,

I think the initial state of your form may be wrong. Also, your script is unnecessary complex and uses resolveNode too much. I made a simple version of what I interpreted from your description, see if that does the trick. And as the others said, if opening this in Adobe Reader you need to have Reader Extensions applied to get the form saved in its current state. See here for a form example with no Reader Extensions - open and test in Acrobat Pro.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:9cbdc3e6-92bb-4a6b-9ecb-586a8f6f3999