Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Undefined number of parameters in a custom function

Level 1

Hello,

Got a question about custom functions as I am trying to achieve something. 

I have a custom function defined with a fixed number of parameters and I am trying to create the possibility for the author to add as many fields as parameters in the rule editor. Is there a possibility for me to accept an undefined number of arguments?

I was searching through the documentation here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/forms/adaptive-forms-advanced-authorin... and found a snippet saying:

"Allowed parameter types are:

1. string
  2. number
  3. boolean

All other parameter types are categorized under one of the above. None is not supported. Ensure that you select one of the types above. Types are not case sensitive."

This kind of makes me believe parameters cannot be arrays, but wanted to make sure.

I am using AEM 6.5

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks, we will stick to fixed properties for now then.

Have a good one,

Daniel

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@dpomeanu 

I checked with Product Engineering on the roadmap to support array type parameters in the Rule editor. Not supported currently but it's being worked upon so you may see this use-case implemented in future releases.

Hope this helps!

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks, we will stick to fixed properties for now then.

Have a good one,

Daniel