Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

teamAdminsDataPanelAll.instanceManager.addInstance() - Failing to add item

Level 2

Hi Team,
Team 2.jpg

Problem Statement :  We have a Team Management Tab in our application under that we have option to add Team Members. If we are adding 10 members it works fine. While adding more than 10 members, for 11th member onwards code execution stops and page becomes non-responsive. Finally the page shows loading for ever.

Root Cause Analysis: As per our investigation the issue is with AEM Adaptive form Clientlibs guideRuntime.min.js which is part of Adobe client library.The below adobe generic library code is unable to handle to create team items more than 10. The code stops further execution after processing 10 items and page becomes non responsive. In the current team there are 13 items that needs to be processed. This client library limitations need to be addressed in order to process more than 10 users details. Refer below code which is failing to execute.

Code snippet-
if (parameter === "add") {
if (parsedJson.length > 1) {
teamAdminsDataPanelAll.instanceManager.addInstance();
}
} else {
for (var i = 0; i < parsedJson.length - 1; i++) {
teamAdminsDataPanelAll.instanceManager.addInstance();
}
}

Expectations-
All the items should be added successfully and displayed on the page. Let us know if there is any code fix available for this AEM Adaptive form Clientlibs guideRuntime.min.js issue. If not please raise a ticket and let us know when can we get a fix for this issue.

Note : The same issue was reported in the article given in link below  :
Solved: Panel.instanceManager.addInstance/removeInstance v... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

9 Replies

Level 5

G'day! and what Service Pack?

In that similar issue you provided, Mayank was able to reproduce on 6.5.10.

I have tried with a simple form on 6.5.13 (just on author) and not experiencing any issue.

Although if I try to instantiate 100, it does take over 10 seconds to render for me.

Level 2

Hi MorisMonk,

Service Pack : 6.5.6.0
We have tried after publish , below 10 item its working fine after 11th item adding it takes more time.

Level 5

Same happens on author (preview)?

Suggest you try it on 6.5.13

So either upgrade your existing 6.5.6 or create a new local 6.5.13

Is the Role drop-down-list items static or dynamic?

Level 2

Hi MorisMonk,

The Role drop-down list items are Static only.

Employee

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are working on resolving the issue as part of 6.5.14 service pack. In case you need the fix before its availability (around first week of September), would request you to open a support ticket for a hotfix.

Level 2

Hi Sudhansh,

Thanks for the details, as per above messages from MorisMonk, Who has already confirmed that this issue is already fixed in 6.5.13 version.Yesterday we have installed 6.5.13 on dev env. Today I will test and confirm whether 6.513 fix is working or not. Meanwhile can you confirm whether 6.5.14 is really required when it is already fixed in 6.5.13 ?

Level 2

Hi Team,
Please help us to request a support ticket for a hotfix.
As its very priority issue for us and required to fix before 22nd July 2022.
Yesterday we have installed version 6.5.13 on dev env. The issue still exist.