Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Syntax Error opening Rules Editor

JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Using AEM 6.5 on CentOS.

I have a working form with a single field and button and some labels. I saved it, promoted it to pub. Works fine.

I committed my changes to githhub (via repo tool). This has worked fine for 2 months now.

My computer rebooted (blue screen), which made auth unusable. I rebuilt auth, deployed my packages to the new auth.

Now when I open the rules editor, I get the attached. (It won't open).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bjo1flxIK2-B_SNGW17Gme4OOe2XDSz9/view?usp=sharing

Suggestions?

I debugged ExpressionEditorServiceImpl, and the file it's trying to parse is a JS in our app which has always worked and hasn't changed in weeks.

Suggestions?

Joel

10 Replies
Mayank_Gandhi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

@JoelLucuik  Do you have correct forms add-on package deployed after rebuild?

JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3
Yup. Been working successfully with this for a while now. adobe-aemfd-linux-pkg-6.0.122. aem-service-pkg-6.5.3.zip
JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3
I think (maybe) the repos is corrupted for some reason. I still have a working pub. Going to try migrating my changes piece by piece. Starting to consider JCR in a relational db to avoid the disk based JCR.
Mayank_Gandhi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
@ JoelLucuik please test on pub and let me know how it goes.
Mayank_Gandhi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
@JoelLucuik it's good to validate any error in browser console as rule editor is loaded on click event may be something is breaking at JS
JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3
Have you had issues with repo and JS (getting JS from JCR into Linux), then github? Would you suggest using packages rather than repo?
Mayank_Gandhi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
@JoelLucuik I use brackets to work with package directly and then sending it to GIT.
JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3
The problem was (a,b) => syntax in JS. Pub supports it fine. Auth doesn't. Moved to sort with function(a,b). Bogus
JoelLucuik
Level 3
Level 3
Can we get a fix for this? If pub can handle it, why can't auth?