Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sign the PDF and save the Document of Record

Level 2

Hello,

I'm working on a project which uses Forms. I have a requirement to Sign the PDF and save the Document of Record in JCR.

When I'm using the form without Signature Step and Summary step, then the Document of Record and XML data is saved under /content/forms/fp/admin/submit/data. The submit action is set to Forms Portal Submit Action.

But with Signature Step and Summary step, nothing is saved. The signing process works correctly, I can also download the PDF from the summary step after signing.

I tried to set "Save data in Forms Portal" checkbox in the Submission section of Adaptive Form Container but it didn't help. It looks like maybe the Signature step or Summary step has its own submission action and the configuration in the Submission section is skipped then.

I also tried to get rid of the Summary step but then I'm being redirected to Adobe Sign during the signing process and it never goes back to AEM, which I suppose is expected.

The question is: How to sign PDF and store the Document of Record in JCR? How would you approach that?

I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong approach or I just need to find the correct setting on the form .

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm on AEM 6.5.5.0 (AEM 6.5 and SP 5)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

if your Adaptive Form is configured to trigger AEM workflow, the workflow will get triggered once all the users have signed the form.

And then the signed document will be saved under the workflow's payload folder. Now the signed document will be saved depending on the cron settings as mentioned in this screen shot. The link to the documentation is here

Let us know if you need any more help

workflowuser_0-1619014407666.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

if your Adaptive Form is configured to trigger AEM workflow, the workflow will get triggered once all the users have signed the form.

And then the signed document will be saved under the workflow's payload folder. Now the signed document will be saved depending on the cron settings as mentioned in this screen shot. The link to the documentation is here

Let us know if you need any more help

workflowuser_0-1619014407666.png