Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Send input data in UTF-8

Level 2

We created an adaptive form using core components. We configured a guide container submission like 'Submit to REST endpoint'. When a user fills a form and submits it using german or another language, our servlet recieves incorrect data.
For instanse:
" Adres�t " instead of " Adresát " 
As far as I know, there are OOTB intermediate services which handle input data. How can we configure them to use UTF-8 coding?
We tried configured our submission to 'Invoke an AEM workflow' - we get correct data.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@IharIvanovAxamit 

I see that the correct value for the field name is passed from the client side, so there could be an issue on the servlet side while handling the input data.

Apache Sling Request Parameter Handling configuration on the server handles the encoding of the parameters and the default value is utf-8. Please raise a support ticket to investigate the issue further.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@IharIvanovAxamit 

I see that the correct value for the field name is passed from the client side, so there could be an issue on the servlet side while handling the input data.

Apache Sling Request Parameter Handling configuration on the server handles the encoding of the parameters and the default value is utf-8. Please raise a support ticket to investigate the issue further.