Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Render XDP to Static PDF Form

Level 2

Using FormsService on AEM forms OSGI I can render an XDP to a dynamic PDF Form. But is it also possible to generate a static PDF Form similar to the renderPDFForm operation with AEM Forms JEE?

Couldn't find any option to do so.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM Forms  OSGI produces dynamic PDFs only

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM Forms  OSGI produces dynamic PDFs only

Employee Advisor

You have the API (Output Service) in OSGi as well like JEE using that you generate the PDF. If you want to render that in the browser then you can embed that in your page with API results.

Level 2

Thanks for the feedback - but we need to render an interactive form instead of a flat PDF. From that - and as I havn't found any better answer I'll accept the one from workflowuser

Employee Advisor

Do you want to render interactive form?

Level 2

Yes, but a static interactive PDF i.e. one that - in addition to the XFA content - has an AcroForm representation. FormsService doesn't offer that but the Render Service in JEE as an option to do so.

It's the same as saving to Static PDF or Dynamic PDF from AEM Forms Designer

Employee Advisor

What is your use case to render it as static pdf?

Level 2

the customer was using ES4 and moved to AEM Forms. As they manage the XDP in the repo and they wanted to avoid the complexity of JEE they are looking to use AEM Forms OSGI only but initially are looking to get the same rendered result as they don't want to change their customers experience initially.

Longer term they are looking to move to Adaptive Forms.

Employee Advisor

are they worried about not being able to open dynamic pdf's in browsers?

Level 2

that's one of the issues they are facing. As outlined - longer term they will be moving to HTML based form - but short term they would like to replicate what they had with ES4 JEE

In addition - some post processing depends on the AcroForm field content of the PDF - obviously with a dynamic XFA based PDF there are no AcroForm fields.