Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

PageSpan Issue in HTML5 Forms

Level 4

Hi All, I am working on a HTML5 form which has 2 subforms. I am trying to use the code to get the total number of pages  each specific subforms, but i am unable to get the number. However the same code is working fine for PDF form but not working for HTML5 form. 

Can someone Please assist on the below issue as i have tried everything but none of the scripts seems to be working.

Code:

xfa.layout.pageSpan(form.subform1); - I am using the below code on the ready:Layout event to get the total number of pages for subform1 in HTMl5 form.

form.Masters.M1.#area[0].PageCount::ready:layout - (JavaScript, both)
this.rawValue = xfa.layout.pageSpan(form.subform1);

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 PDF has pages while HTML form is a single container with a scroll. So this will not work and is working as designed. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 PDF has pages while HTML form is a single container with a scroll. So this will not work and is working as designed. 

Level 4

Hey Mayank,

Just wanted to understand if this is a product related issue or a form related issue and also is there is any alternate or any possible solution, because the same script is working in AEM 6.3.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

This seems to be one of the corner cases wherein the Designer script is not working on HTML5 form while it works fine with a PDF form.

I understand that you can't use pagecount function for known reasons so feel free to report this issue via a support ticket for further investigation by the product team.

Level 4

Hey Pulkit,

Just wanted to understand if this is a product related issue or a form related issue and also is there is any alternate or any possible solution, because the same script is working in AEM 6.3.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

Seems to be a product-related issue but we can check further once we get the artifacts from the support ticket.

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 if it's working on 6.3, then log a product bug to support team and they will check and confirm