Expand my Community achievements bar.

Icons not showing in Content hierarchy in the editor for forms

Level 4

We have a set of custom form components all derived from the libs/fd components - most of these are simple html and css class name changes. The components and the forms all work well with the exception that in the editor in the Content Hierarchy rail all the icons are showing as a star. All our components do have a cq:icon property set to a Coral UI value and show both in the Component Browser and the Components rail in the editor. You can see the properties set for the component in the final image. I have tried copying our component to the libs folder to see if it is due to the fact that the icons are only showing for /libs components , but it still shows as a star. Similarly I have temporarily copied a libs component to our folder and group and again it shows as a star.

Is there something I am doing wrong here, or is this a bug? The editors would really like to see the icons in the rail as it helps them.

IainClucas_0-1685802245842.png

IainClucas_1-1685802354251.png

IainClucas_2-1685802402174.png

1 Reply

Level 4

After a bit of digging I think I have found the reason why the icons are not showing.

In /libs/fd/af/authoring/clientlibs/guideCommonAuthoring/js/AuthorUtils.js there is an Icon map. So rather than use the cq:icon set for the component, guidelib looks up the icon from this map. This map is not externally facing so I am unable to add my icons to it. So I need to come up with another approach. Appreciate any ideas.

IainClucas_0-1685955106562.png