BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Forms Theme Editor Errors

jetate
Level 4
Level 4

I'm running Adobe Experience Manager 6.5.10.0 and getting the following errors in the console when I try to edit a Forms Theme.

It shows the loading graphic, downloads the jcr_content and throws the following errors. 

jetate_0-1631542693926.png

I'm also seeing the following errors when trying to edit a form. The loading animation runs but the form editor never loads. 

jetate_1-1631542815158.png

Then if I try to load a form in a page, I get "org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript". We were having issues on a previous service pack (6.5.7 and possibly 6.5.4) with the Forms Theme Editor just downloading the jcr_content, which isn't much of an issue in the long run and I worked around it, but now the forms won't load at all. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this short of rolling back the SP?

1 Accepted Solution
Kosta_Prokopiu1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee
6 Replies
PulkitJain
Employee
Employee

@jetate 

I am unable to replicate the issue in-house. Which theme you're trying to edit?

Please check if all the aemds* and aemfd* packages are of the right version as per 6.5.10.0 patch level and in installed state.

This should resolve the issue with jcr_content getting downloaded. 

jetate
Level 4
Level 4

I am using the OOTB Forms, not the Add On. Are there still additional packages that should be installed for Forms to work?

I haven't ever been able to edit a theme without the Forms Add On. The theme is one that was created, which worked fine to create on 6.5.4 and 6.5.7 but would download jcr_content on edit. I've built the styles I need externally to the theme, but with 6.5.10, I can't even load a form that was created previously.

GirishBedekar
Level 9
Level 9

You need to install AEM forms add on package which needs a license

jetate
Level 4
Level 4

Previously, and according to the Forms docs, I should be able to get some level of functionality with OOTB forms. I was able to build the forms I have with OOTB forms on 6.5.7.

jetate_0-1631650256470.png

Kosta_Prokopiu1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee
jetate
Level 4
Level 4

I understand the difference. I've built forms with the OOTB components previously. My issue is that it's not working since I updated the Service Pack. I can't open the forms that were created last week on a previous service pack. Reading about the difference between paid Forms and OOTB forms doesn't solve that issue. I've built a custom clientlibs to style my forms outside of the theme editor. I've modified the OOTB components where I needed to for certain style requirements. Today, after upgrading from 6.5.7 to 6.5.10, I get JavaScript errors in the console and can no longer view, edit, or embed my forms in a page. Why?