Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Forms 6.2 can't float fields

Level 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to make fields in my adaptive forms be side-by-side to take up less vertical room in a desktop environment.

When I try to use Colspan it says it only works in Responsive layout, but I can't even get it to work there.

When I try to change the CSS Class in the sidebar, the text box will change, but the surrounding row does not, so cannot truly float fields.

1430065_pastedImage_0.png

Results: While the actual texbox div will accept col-md-6, the parent's parent stays at col-md-12.

1430102_pastedImage_1.png

Is there a way around this in 6.2, or do I have to wait until we upgrade to 6.3?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

ChrisPasquarette

Here is an example:

Add a panel and change only the "Number of Columns" setting from 1 to 3:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.28.01.png

Now under that panel in the hierarchy, insert three textboxes. If you add the textboxes outside the panel it won't work.

You should see the effect you are after and each element will take up one column by default.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.27.49.png

If you change the Colspan of one of the elements to say two, you can span it across more than one column like this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.29.08.png

You can of course adjust the Number of Columns setting from 3 to whatever you need.

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hi Chris,

Have you tried adding a panel, setting the number of columns in the configuration for that panel to say two, and putting elements in that panel. That might have the effect you are after.

I would add an example but not at a computer at the moment.

Thanks,

James

Correct answer by
Level 7

ChrisPasquarette

Here is an example:

Add a panel and change only the "Number of Columns" setting from 1 to 3:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.28.01.png

Now under that panel in the hierarchy, insert three textboxes. If you add the textboxes outside the panel it won't work.

You should see the effect you are after and each element will take up one column by default.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.27.49.png

If you change the Colspan of one of the elements to say two, you can span it across more than one column like this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 19.29.08.png

You can of course adjust the Number of Columns setting from 3 to whatever you need.

Thanks,

James