Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Form Fields Behavior when binded to same DB field in an Adaptive Form

Level 7

Hello Folks,

I am a bit confused on how do these Form Fields (when binded to same DB field) work. I have created 2 fragments (let's say Emergency Address and Permanent Address) with FDM and binded properly. These both are actually same in terms of fields and binding, but I just want to bring them up in form as separate sections.

When I am testing  entering data in an textbox (address line) of Emergency Address section, I observed that data is automatically getting populated into textbox (address line) of Permanent Address section. I have no rules written to set value of or something else, but still it is getting changed as and when I try to modify or update.

On deeper investigation, it was found that "fields which are binded to same DB field" are getting same value as input, if you try it either way. This doesn't happen when there is no binding at all (or) if those 2 fields "address line" of each section are binded to different DB fields.

Please correct me if this is expected outcome or If I am doing something wrong.

I don't want to have each field binded to different DB field, instead I am looking at having 2 different form fields bind to same DB field. Provide your suggestions!

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

We actually don't need binding for form fields here, since we are not using Submit Action Button, instead we are Invoking FDM services from Rule Editor on a Save / Button by mapping fields to corresponding DB fields.

In this case, it is not getting auto-populated and our requirement is also satisfied

Hence closing this thread!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

We actually don't need binding for form fields here, since we are not using Submit Action Button, instead we are Invoking FDM services from Rule Editor on a Save / Button by mapping fields to corresponding DB fields.

In this case, it is not getting auto-populated and our requirement is also satisfied

Hence closing this thread!

Administrator
Thank you for sharing this with community. Keep doing the great community work.

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

@Ssb_94 This is expected if you bind two fields with the same object in the data source.