Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Floating Fields in Adaptive forms

Level 2

Hello Experts, 

I am working on a project where we are creating dynamic Adaptive forms.  Within that Adaptive form, we have a requirement to put Static text (disclosures, information etc). The static text can have some placeholders where data from XML needs to be populated. 

For example, it could be a information text such as - 

"You credit card allows you to withdraw $10000 a month" . Here the $10000 must be populated from prefill XML. 

I know in Livecycle world, we had something like Floating Fields. Do we have something similar in Adaptive forms? 

4 Replies

Level 8

It's not there for Adaptive Forms at the moment and something we're looking to add to a future release based on demand to drive the priority.  Thanks for indicating the interest and I've let the Product Management team and engineering know there was a request for this capability.

Level 2

Oh - Is there a workaround that you know of? 

Employee

You can use fillable text box in disabled mode(disable via rule).

Level 2

deepak k. wrote...

You can use fillable text box in disabled mode(disable via rule).

You mean - derive/calculate the entire paragraph as a part of Javascript and assign it to a textbox ? 

Well - I did think of this option earlier but I had to let that go because 

1) The actual content (paragraph text/language) is in the Javascript. Which means I can't let my business users have control over it OR i can't use the dictionary for multi-language support.

2) I won't be able to handle RichText as TextBox would typically only capture plain Text. 

I am actually working on another work-around and unfortunately I haven't been successful so far 

I am creating a static text - "Your Credit Card allows you to Withdraw {DollarAmount} dollars". 

I am trying to use Rule Editor (Code Editor mode) to write a rule on Initialize event to replace the string {DollarAmount} with the actual value. 

Here's what my rule looks like 

var strVal = this.value ; // this gives me the static text value strVal = strVal.replace("{DollarAmount}","$10000"); alert(strVal); this.value = strVal; alert("After");

The problem is all the lines are getting executed. I am getting both the alerts, but the rendered Adaptive Form wouldn't update the Static text. 

Any idea why it wouldn't let me set the value of TextDraw (static text) element? 

Thanks, 

Priyank P