Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamically adding image adobe live cycle

Level 2

Can we add image runtime means through process design in xdp. My image size is big while opening the form it is taking time. I want the image to be added runtime while generating the pdf through process design

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you please elaborate your use case?

Level 2

I have an image having size in xxMB. Currently I Dragged the image component and added the image in it but while opening the xdp its always give the warning "total asset size is more than 40M, the performance of actions on xxx application name might be unsatisfactory".  I wanted to know that can we add image through process design dynamically. 

Level 10

40 MB with an image? You should think of optimizing the used images beforehand. Use only RGB images with 16 Bit or less and no more than 300 dpi. Also don't embed the images into to form, That will store it as Base64 encoded string in the XPD itself, which can't be compressed that good. Linking the image is more efficent. 

Level 2

Thanks @radzmar , How Can I link the image because I have embedded it. We have a process design to generate the pdf. Is there any processes in workbench to add image rather than adding in xdp

Employee Advisor

You will need to create an xml with the base64 encoded string of the image in the xml and then merge the xml with xdp to generate the pdf with the image

Level 2

Hi @workflowuser ,

I have added the image component inside the xdp and addedbase64 encoded string of the image in the xml and then merge the xml, but still in preview pdf am unable to see the image.
Can you please guide me where I missed something.

Amreen1_0-1726154429721.png

Employee Advisor

Will send you a sample xml and xdp soon

Employee

@Amreen1 If you are using workbench to generate PDF using OutputService , better way would be to put image on AEM server and provide path relative to contenRootURI.

contentRootURI

Check here for more input :- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/document-services/using-fr...

I have checked file share by you, PDF does not containing any image file.

Level 2

Thanks @gpatidar1  for the better solution.
Actually, in the sample payload I have added base64 encoded string of the image but that did not work for me. Image is not coming. Do you have any idea why image is not coming in the xdp through preview pdf having base64 encoded string of the image in xml payload. These is just to gain the knowledge.

Level 10

In Designer, simply don't check the box for embedding images in the object palette of the image or image field. 

radzmar_0-1726170559934.png

Employee

I am not able to attach xdp and xml file

Export data from the pdf using acrobat

open the address1.pdf in designer and save it as xdp

then use the xml and xdp to generate the pdf using the workbench process. it should work