Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic email content not working in aem forms 6.3

Level 3

I used this link to help setup email template but its not working

https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-3/form-submission-receipt-via-email.html#main-pars_header_2

Not.working as in the placeholders show up as empty

9 Replies

Level 3

Is your form schema / Form template based or none based?

Also you have the fields with same name in your Adaptive Form, which you are using in ${name} notation?

Level 3

What you see highlight in yellow is what I used as the element name in my textfield

Level 2

You can use schema name instead of element name to get values. This is a workaround and will work on 6.3 only. 

Level 3

sorry, do you mean the whole bindRef value or just the xml element?

for. e.g the bindRef for a field may be "/LeaveForm/applicantFirstName" , do you mean use "applicantFirstName"? what if there are 2 nodes in the xml having the same name?

Level 3

after making that change, i am getting another exception, not sure whether its related:

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: 0 : Unhandled exception in PAexecute82
    at com.adobe.forms.aem.impl.XFANativeServiceImpl.paExecute(XFANativeServiceImpl.java:179)
    at com.adobe.forms.aem.impl.XFANativeServiceImpl.paExecute(XFANativeServiceImpl.java:430)
    at com.adobe.forms.xtg.impl.XMLFormServiceImpl$$anonfun$paExecute$2$$anonfun$2.apply(XMLFormServiceImpl.scala:167)
    at com.adobe.forms.xtg.impl.XMLFormServiceImpl$$anonfun$paExecute$2$$anonfun$2.apply(XMLFormServiceImpl.scala:167)
    at com.adobe.forms.logging.PerfLogger$class.measure(PerfLogger.scala:60)
    at com.adobe.forms.logging.PerfLogger$.measure(PerfLogger.scala:33)

is there quality control issues with aem forms, as in its not properly tested before releasing?

Level 3

HI Sachjain, I can confirm that if i use the schema name it fixes the problem.

Couple of unanswer questions:

- is there some mistakes in the documentation? if so pls let correct it

- what if in my xml schema, i happened to have 2 element with the same names?

- the above PAexecute82 exception, after i restart the author instance the issue is gone, do you know what's the root cause? in production we cannot afford to restart just to fix the error.

Level 2

This is a workaround. Forms team is working on the fix.

If XML schema contains two elements with same names, workaround will not work.

Are you using verify component or rendering XDP as to why you are getting PAexecute82 exception? More details required to find out the root cause.

Level 3

I am using in the submission of the form, the option to "send pdf with email", and when submitting the form, the exception was thrown.

when i receive the email, there will be pdf attached if its a successful submission.

maybe that's why the PAexecute82 error occurs. Could there be some timeout issue going on? cos after i restart the aem server, it will work again. But it could be i put my computer to sleep and didn't shutdown the aem server before putting it to sleep.