Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Datastore growth AEM 6.5

Level 7

We are having an issue with the datastore growing quickly.  We checked for memory dumps and they are not there.  Can somebody give me some basic steps to troubleshoot?  I don't see anything interesting in the logs however, I may not have it turned up enough.  

Let me know.  Thanks.

UPDATE: Ok, a little interesting in error.log

22.08.2022 09:18:28.698 *WARN* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.PersistentResourceList Unable to save persistent list: There is not enough space on the disk
java.io.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk
at java.base/java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

The error msg[0] seems to be a consequence of the actual issue with datastore growth.

You may have to do datastore garbage collection, and there are multiple ways of running data store garbage collection, depending on the data store setup on which AEM is running. This helpdoc[1] will provide you with the next steps.

Let me know if you need any further help.

[0] - 22.08.2022 09:18:28.698 *WARN* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.PersistentResourceList Unable to save persistent list: There is not enough space on the disk

[1] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/data-store-ga... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

The error msg[0] seems to be a consequence of the actual issue with datastore growth.

You may have to do datastore garbage collection, and there are multiple ways of running data store garbage collection, depending on the data store setup on which AEM is running. This helpdoc[1] will provide you with the next steps.

Let me know if you need any further help.

[0] - 22.08.2022 09:18:28.698 *WARN* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.PersistentResourceList Unable to save persistent list: There is not enough space on the disk

[1] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/data-store-ga...