Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Any success with Strapi 3.6.5 and AEM 6.5 Forms (service pack 9)?

Level 1

I've been experimenting with the Strapi headless CMS, and it seems like an efficient way to put together RESTful web services. I'd like to use it as the back end for an AEM forms data integration. This would save me the trouble of building out all the parts of a RESTful service for every form.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of friction between these two tools. For example, Strapi supports only the current standard for API definitions, OpenAPI 3.0, which is the successor to Swagger. AEM forms supports only Swagger 2.0, and I've had trouble trying to "down convert" my API definition. I've also noticed that AEM Forms seems to support only a previous version of JSON Schema, declared in example files as "http://json-schema.org/draft-04/schema#", and not the current version, declared as "https://json-schema.org/draft/2020-12/schema".

Does anyone know if there are tools, packages, or service packs that would let these products work together?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@anthony_atm 

As of the latest version of the product, AEM Forms 6.5.9.0, i don't see the support for OpenAPI 3.0 included as per the documentation or internal archives. But if you would like to pursue this option further, we can initiate a discussion with the product team to check on the feasibility. Please raise a support ticket with us, including the issues you're facing with the integration.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@anthony_atm 

As of the latest version of the product, AEM Forms 6.5.9.0, i don't see the support for OpenAPI 3.0 included as per the documentation or internal archives. But if you would like to pursue this option further, we can initiate a discussion with the product team to check on the feasibility. Please raise a support ticket with us, including the issues you're facing with the integration.

Hope this helps!