Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM JEE Installation on WebSphere

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are trying to install the AEM JEE application  in WebSphere but we are facing an issue when we are trying to verify the server connection to the Application Server. We are getting the below issues and unable to proceed. Can someone please let me know the root cause of this issues and how we can fix that as we are trying different methods but unable to resolve the issue.

Error Screenshot.PNG

Error Screenshot 2.PNG

Thanks
Pranay

19 Replies

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

This seems to be an issue with the Websphere application server configurations specific to AEM Forms installation.

Please review section#3 of this helpdoc [0] for all the changes specific to WAS.

You may also review the port information under Servers > Application servers > server name > Communications > Ports .

[0] - https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/experience-manager/6-5/forms/pdf/install-cluster-websphe... 

Level 4

Hi Pulkit,

We checked the ports and the ports are configured correctly. But the SSL certificate for the WebSphere Admin console login is not valid as it is showing us Non Secure. Can you please let me know if this might be an issue with the SSL certificate for the WebSphere Application Server causing this issue..??

Also we do not have the cluster setup will the configurations be different in that case..??

Thanks
Pranay

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

Logs pointed to a cluster set-up thus shared the relevant document.

Not sure if its related to SSL config but it could be related to Global security as pointed by Mayank. Can you check that? 

If the issue persists, please raise a support ticket.

Employee

Have you deployed the EAR files and initialize the database successfully? If yes, are you able to access http://<serverhost>:<port>/admin login page? DO NOT LOGIN. just check if you can access the login page or not.

If you are able to access the AdminUi login page, then turn off your WebSphere's Global Security, Restart WebSphere and try the steps again, once the server is up and all the EAR applications are deployed.

Level 4

Hi Mayank, 

We have not reached to this step we are currently on the step to verify the server connection with the application server. Also Can you please let me know when can we confirm if the Global security is off or not, because i do remember that we have done it but i am able to see the login page ( access http://<serverhost>:<port>/admin) but it is only asking for username not password.

Steps.PNG

Additionally can you please let me know if we need to install any EAR files before this step as we were getting an error regarding an EAR file.

Thanks
PranayError Screenshot 3.PNG

Thanks
Pranay

Employee

You may verify the Global Security from WAS Console > Security > Global Secuirty.

Also, seems like you have not deployed adobe-lcm-lcvalidator.ear which validates the application server configurarion.

Can you search of this ear in configurationManager folder and deploy the same on WAS?

Level 4

Hi Mayank,

Please check the below screenshot for the WAS console and I have also deployed the EAR file but there is no different at allGlobal Security.PNG EAR.PNG

Employee

Have you saved the changes to master? After this, restart WAS server and retry the validate server step again, and share the errors generated in WAS' sysout.log and lcm.log?

Level 4

Hi Mayank,

We restarted the server, Please  see the below screenshot after the restart, So far the error is gone but we are still stuck with the original issue regarding the "wc_defaulthost and wc_defaukthost_secure" issues.

Error Screenshot 4.PNG

Employee

I can still see that lcm-lcvalidator.ear is not deployed. 

Did you check in WAS console > Applications > WAS enterprise application if it is deployed?

Also, please check on below:

1. Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere Application Servers > server_name > Ports.
  2. Check the value for WC_defaulthost for the port number to use for non-secure, HTTP connections. Make sure this value is not the same as another port number in use by the application server.
  3. Click Environment > Virtual hosts > default_host > Host Aliases and make sure your port number is listed there. If not, click New, leave the "*" symbol for Host Name and enter your new port number in the Port field. Click OK.
  4. Click Apply, then click Save directly to the master configuration.
  5. Stop, and then restart the application server.

Employee

As per AEM Forms installation doc, the following steps are required to set the ports. Have you completed these steps? These steps are similar to the above steps, but please verify these as well.

To configure WebSphere Application Server ports and aliases:

1) In a web browser, type the URL to the Deployment Manager; for example, type http://:/ibm/console NOTE: By default, the WebSphere Administrative Console listens on port 9060.

2) In the navigation tree, click Servers>Application serversand, in the right pane, click the server name.

3) On the next screen, under Communications, click Ports.

4) In the table, click WC_defaulthost and assign a port address. NOTE: For horizontal clusters, each server can have unique or identical address.

5) Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each server in the cluster.

6) Click Save directly to the master configuration.

7) In the navigation tree, click Environment>Virtual Hostsand, in the right pane, click default_host.

Under Additional Properties, click Host Aliases.

9) On the next screen, click New and add the port you assigned for a server in the cluster. 10) In the Host Name box, enter an asterisk (*).

11) Repeat step 9 and 10 for each port that is assigned in step 4.

12) Click OK and then click Save directly to master configuration.

13) Restart the server. Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers, select the check box beside the server name, and then click Restart.

Level 4

Hi Mayank,

I can see that now the port was not updated under the virtual host section and now i have updated it. Just a quick question, do we need to do the same for the wc_defaulhost_secure port also or only for the wc_defaulthost.

Thanks
Pranay

Employee

Since your global security is off, you are not using SSL. So, as long as you are using HTTP, you do not need to configure wc_defaulhost_secure port. It should be configured only when you want to use HTTPS?

Kindly confirm if the issue is resolved now.

Level 4

Hi Mayank,

The solution worked fine and now we were able to proceed with the installation. we were able to go the step where we were able to create the tables in the database. 

Unfortunately we are not able to login to the AEM JEE crx as it is taking the default hostname of the WebSphere server and the WC_defaultport details.

Can you please let us know how can we stop and start the AEM JEE application or how can we configure the hostname and the port number to open.

http://[host]:[port]/lc/system/console/bundles,

Thanks
Pranay

Employee

Have you set the lc-crxintegrationurl in your server's JVM parameters in WAS console?

Level 4

Hi Mayank,

we have not configured any configurations like this, is this something mentioned in the Adobe Documentation because i was unable to find it. Can you please let me know that what configurations we need to perform

Employee

add the following JVM parameter server's Generic JVM arguments,

-Dcom.adobe.livecycle.crx.integration.url=http://<hostname>:<port>

If it is added already, then what value it is set to?

Level 4

Hi Mayank, 

Yes the value is present there but the value it is set to is "Hostname of the WebSphere Server " and a different port.

Will this be set to the hostname for the AEM server and port for AEM application..??

Thanks

Employee

Yes. and restart the WAS to get te changes reflected.

After the restart, please check if you are able to access http://hostname:port/adminui.