Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM J2EE Forms on Apache Tomcat

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am currently working on a POC to migrate J2EE forms from AEM 6.3 to 6.5. Can someone let me know if we can install the application on the Tomcat server rather than the OOTB provided Server.

Thanks
Pranay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

If you plan to use AEM Forms JEE then you can use only 3 application servers (Oracle WebLogic Server, IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform) and the above mentioned application servers and Tomcat, in case of OSGi.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

If you're referring to AEM Forms (as an application) then we do provide an option to deploy AEM as WAR file on a tomcat webserver but we would need some more details on the use-case to be able to respond to your query.

What do you mean by J2EE forms? Are you using J2EE workflows as well? Any particular for switching to a webserver?

Level 4

Hi Pulkit,

We are referring the below documentation of Supporting platform for AEM forms for JEE

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/install-aem-forms/jee-installati... 

As per the documentation it is specified that we can use only 3 application servers (Oracle WebLogic Server, IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform). So i just wanted to ask if these are standards to use these servers or can we use the Tomcat server instead.

Also, can you also confirm if these are standards to use these application servers or we can use any other.

Thanks
Pranay

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

If you plan to use AEM Forms JEE then you can use only 3 application servers (Oracle WebLogic Server, IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform) and the above mentioned application servers and Tomcat, in case of OSGi.

Hope this helps!

Employee

@pranaym48551345 

Tomcat is just a web server and web-container. You can use it for AEM Forms OSGi. BUT the JEE stack also contains enterprise beans and other things that Tomcat does not offer. So there will be no way to run your JEE stack on Tomcat.

Other application servers (even if they would support EJBs) cannot be used because there are native components and appserver specific libraries and components which will not work outside the ones mentioned here.

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 Tomcat isn't supported with JEE install. You need to one from choose Jboss, websphere or weblogic.