Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM formsservice throws NullPointer Exception on start of JBOSS server

Level 1

AEM Forms JEE on Windows 2012 R2
Version 6.2.0, GM
Service Pack Version: N/A
Patch Version: N/A

Hi folks

We have recently observed on our QA/production instance whenever we restart our service then our formsservice component throws a nullpointer exception during start up. After start, when we try to hit workflow to generate fillable PDF which is calling FormsService component's renderPDFForm method it fails to load and throw error in generating pdf.

Though other component services work fine like OutputServices or Assembler service.

Even after multiple restart of JBOSS service it doesnt help and we have to do full VM reboot to bring the services to normal operations.

Any idea what needs to be done or this is a known issue?

Thanks

Manu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

you are running an unsupported version of Forms - contacting Support is probably not an option for you - but would be the right thing to do in such a case.

Usually, when things that worked suddenly stop working something must have changed. As I doubt that you updated AEM Forms by the sound of it, it must come from the OS or system components. For example a Windows Update or policy changes or permission changes, runtime stuff such as .NET etc.

At least you can get it back when you reboot the server, but the more I suspect that the reason lies with the system and not AEM Forms.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

you are running an unsupported version of Forms - contacting Support is probably not an option for you - but would be the right thing to do in such a case.

Usually, when things that worked suddenly stop working something must have changed. As I doubt that you updated AEM Forms by the sound of it, it must come from the OS or system components. For example a Windows Update or policy changes or permission changes, runtime stuff such as .NET etc.

At least you can get it back when you reboot the server, but the more I suspect that the reason lies with the system and not AEM Forms.

Level 1
No we havent changed on JEE server, but windows update happen on monthly basis security update but cannot confirm which might have triggered the unstability. We will soon upgrade to OSGI 6.5 but till then i see this risk not yet mitigated.

Employee
It is not really possible to solve such an issue here on Experience League. If your upgrading / migrating to 6.5 OSGi you may be able to get Support - best ask the Account Executive at Adobe to see if something can be arranged.

Employee Advisor

@manugupta  Without log snippet, difficult to suggest anything. Paste some more details here and as @Kosta_Prokopiu1  6.2 is  end of core support so you should upgrade to 6.4 or later.