Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Forms Linux installation and Acrobat DC Pro

Level 2

I have to install a AEM Forms 6.2 at a RHEL 7 Linux machine. According to documentation (https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-2/prepare-install-single-server.pdf section "Installing Acrobat for PDF Generator") Acrobat DC Pro has to be installed for the PDFGenerator. But as far as I can see this is not possible since Acrobat DC Pro is only available for Windows and Mac platforms. So my question is: does Acrobat DC Pro exit for Linux and if not what should I do with the PDFGenerator in an Linux environment in the context of AEM Forms 6.2?

Looking forward to your answer.

Regards, Fin Steenbjerg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

Acrobat DC is not available for Linux. On Linux, AEM Forms PDFG Generator uses native libraries and OpenOffice to convert supported formats to PDF documents. To configure AEM Forms PDFG on Linux, follow all the steps mentioned in the document except installing Acrobat DC. The step to install Acrobat DC is only for Microsoft Windows. Do follow the steps mentioned in Additional requirements for Linux and Solaris section of the document. PDF Generator would turn out just fine. Do let me know if you still face any issue or have any query.

Thanks,
Khushwant Singh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

Acrobat DC is not available for Linux. On Linux, AEM Forms PDFG Generator uses native libraries and OpenOffice to convert supported formats to PDF documents. To configure AEM Forms PDFG on Linux, follow all the steps mentioned in the document except installing Acrobat DC. The step to install Acrobat DC is only for Microsoft Windows. Do follow the steps mentioned in Additional requirements for Linux and Solaris section of the document. PDF Generator would turn out just fine. Do let me know if you still face any issue or have any query.

Thanks,
Khushwant Singh