Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Forms 6.5.11 on JEE | Floating Field Not Working post upgrade from 6.5.4

Level 2

Dear All,

Very weird thing is happening with our AEM forms environment post upgrading from AEM 6.5.4 to 6.5.11.  Whichever application having templates/forms/fragments leveraging "floating field" option to dynamically display the values have gone berserk. This is what is happening (explaining with sample):

Content snippet: Hello {employeeName}, you have been promoted to {position}. Your package will be {salary}.

In AEM 6.5.4 (applications are well deployed in production and running), the above text appears as:

Hello Sunder Singh, you have been promoted to CTO. Your package will be $1.5 billion.

Post upgrading to AEM 6.5.11, the text appears as:

Hello Sunder Singh

Nothing appears after the line is encountering the first floating field.

We are able to replicate this from within designer too. We opened the form, gave default value to employee name field as "Sunder Singh" and opened HTML preview. Exact same thing is happening.

Pl suggest if anyone has any idea or this is the bug (major one I would say) in 6.5.11 release.

Thank you in Advace.

Regards,

Sunder S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@samsitr 

I think you've raised a support ticket for the same issue.

We have already initiated an internal discussion on this issue and will provide you an update over the ticket. Please feel free to raise the priority of the issue with additional business impact details, in case you need a quicker turnaround.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@samsitr 

I think you've raised a support ticket for the same issue.

We have already initiated an internal discussion on this issue and will provide you an update over the ticket. Please feel free to raise the priority of the issue with additional business impact details, in case you need a quicker turnaround.

Level 2

Pulkit - You are right. I have also created a support ticket. The reason for creating question here was to talk to wider audience to see if anyone has any pointers. Client is after us and wants to know whether this version is supported or should we move to lower version as this is impacting many parallel UATs which are now stopped for indefinite period.