Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Cache issue

Level 1

Hi I am new to AEM and working on an application which is already build in AEM 6.3. We are experiencing an issue in which when we made a change in parent page and activated it  then its child pages are not refreshed. I don't have any idea how cache works in AEM and how we can clear cache of sub pages or sub compoents. Much appreciate of your reply

5 Replies

Level 1

No, we are not using any dispatcher. When I go to /tools/deployments/replication. I have seen that only author server are configured against two published servers. I was told that we are using default AEM dispatcher and Cache mechanism. I can't find that where is default dispatcher and how cache works.

Level 2

Are you checking your pages on publisher instances directly or on webserver.

Level 3

Hi There,

Are you working on a MSM site (Multi site management) having blueprints ?

If yes :

It might be the reason, your blueprints are not working correctly , you can check the blueprints and create it from scratch/roll out the newly done changes if there are no local changes on sub pages required by selecting 4 Properties :

• Standard Roll Out Config
  • Push on Modify
  • Activate on Blueprint activation
  • Deactivate on Blueprint deactivation

If No , perform below steps :

• You need to connect your support team to clear the akamai cache/cache clear tool.
  • Or clear your browser cache for sub pages
  • search your page using the query string : /content/abc/abc-1.html?wcmmode=disabled?q=1

Employee Advisor

Dispatcher is in the webserver layer and the level of pages invalidated on an invalidation request is managed via STAT_LEVEL in dispatcher configs.

Dispatcher flush agent in aem instance is for dispatcher configuration. Rest everything is managed in the dispatcher level itself.