Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM AaCS Assets - Asset Link CC Apps - Dynamic asset linking in InDesign file not working?

Community Advisor

Hi, in reference to point D in this feature release https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aem-65-new-features-aem65-assets-akash-kumar-saw/

We´ve tried this with InDesign 2022and it does not work as expected, moving a linked asset to another path in AEM will break the InDesign link, is there anything that need to be configured for this to work or what are we missing here?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create InDesign file

2. Place an asset from AEM using Asset Link extension

3. Move the asset to another folder in AEM

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Welcome to Adobe Community !!

In regards to your query about Asset Link, please share more information about our AEM Author Instance version and Asset Link version.

Do you reproduce this behaviour all the InDesign file (including a test file) or a specific file?

Do you have possibility to test this with a different version of InDesign at your end (InDesign 2021 or a lower version)

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Community Advisor

I could jump in and report the same.
Should this also work for AEMaaCS since the linkedin post talks about AEM 6.5?

Community Advisor

adobe support also had a hard time trying to test and reproduce, i think they did not have access to creative cloud products to test it out, it was put on hold from our end a few months back, hope you will be able resolve your issue 

Community Advisor

I now tried to reach out to companies that are listed in the Adobe Business Success stories.
So far only Microsoft replied. As to my current understanding AEM Asset Link is not being used by them for that purpose.