Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5.13 service pack - brand new installation failed

Level 7

Hello,

I am trying to create a brand new AEM development environment and I'm getting a JSP compilation error.

I installed AEM 6.5 - crx-quickstart.jar - all good and it worked.  I just clicked around strategically.

Next I download these:

AEM 6.5 Service Pack 13

AEM Forms 6.5.13.0 Add-on for Windows

I installed the service pack and waited for the system to settle.  Restarted.

I installed the Add-on and waited for the system to settle.  Restarted.

Everything looked good.

When I navigate to:

http://localhost:4502/aem/forms.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments

It fails with a JSP compilation error.

09.06.2022 16:54:43.834 *INFO* [oak-lucene-872] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.lucene.IndexTracker Refreshed the opened indexes
09.06.2022 16:54:44.360 *WARN* [186.15.183.60 [1654811684296] POST /content/dam/collections.collection.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.accesscontrol.AccessControlManagerImpl Attempt to create an ACE for an administrative principal which always has full access: /content/dam/collections/F/FXIeHDIwhCqGsODO7IYc/lightbox
09.06.2022 16:54:57.625 *ERROR* [186.15.183.60 [1654811697617] GET /aem/forms.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 16 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.aem.formsndocuments.util.FMConstants resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 17 in the generated java file
Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.aem.formsndocuments.util.FMUtils resolves to a package

An error occurred at line: 48 in the jsp file: /libs/fd/fm/gui/components/admin/contentchecker/contentchecker.jsp

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

If this is a brand new instance and there are no custom packages/bundles deployed so I assume all the bundles should be active (?). I have recently updated my local instance to SP13 but didn't encounter this issue (though it was patched to SP12 previously). I will set up a new instance following the steps shared.

Meanwhile, can you check the bundles state and try to recompile jsp[0]?

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16543.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

If this is a brand new instance and there are no custom packages/bundles deployed so I assume all the bundles should be active (?). I have recently updated my local instance to SP13 but didn't encounter this issue (though it was patched to SP12 previously). I will set up a new instance following the steps shared.

Meanwhile, can you check the bundles state and try to recompile jsp[0]?

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16543.html?lang=en

Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

I am unable to replicate the issue in-house, following the steps shared.

Seems to be an issue with your set-up. Please follow the steps shared.

Level 7

I will check the JSP and try to duplicate.  Then, I'll send steps and more detail.

Level 7

It appears that recompiling the JSPs worked.  I deleted the class folder (there was only 1) and restarted AEM.  I will continue testing.  Thank you.

Level 7

@Pulkit_Jain_  The reason we are building a new system is because we are getting a weird error when trying to submit an adaptive form.  I can start a new forum post but, I thought you could give me a little insight.

We created a simple Adaptive form - blank template.  Added  a text box and a submit button.

We created a simple Workflow - 1 No operation step.

We created a Forms Application pointing to the Adaptive Form, The Workflow and Submit Relative to Payload data.xml.  

Very very simple.

I go to my Inbox and click Create Application - type something in text box and click submit.

The error is 

AEM-FD-011-003 - Error occurred while submitting draft.

There are no messages in the error.log

It's probably something easy and embarrassing.  Can you help?

Employee Advisor

@crich2784 New thread with workflow screenshots and variable mapping will help us understand what might be going on