Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.4 forms instalation manual for websphere

Level 4

Hello,

We decided to upgrade to AEM 6.4 insted of AEM 6.3. I am having problems login in in the crx http://host:port/lc/crx/de

The thing is... the manual seems to be outdated in this particular section:

Untitled.png

It contains the same information as the AEM 6.3 but things have changed...

1) In step 7 Day CRX Configuration Manager does not exist. I guess it was replaced by Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler... is that correct?

2) Since the manual is outdated I'm wondering if anything also changed in steps 3 and 4 as the file changed a bit.

1585924_pastedImage_2.png

I configured Adobe Granite Token Authentication Handler and edited the login.js file as above, activated global security again, restarted, and still cannot login in the CRX, still redirecteds to the j_security_check after login in...

1585943_pastedImage_4.png

Someone faced the same problems?

Thank you again!

8 Replies

Level 10

Thank you for the feedback. We will pass this to the Forms Doc team. Also we asked them to help here.

Employee Advisor

What is the result if the Global security is turned off?

Level 4

with global security turned off I can login in the CRX console.

I know I need to that that configuration (frist print), the thing is the manual is outdated and probably the steps have changed or it has aditional steps in the 6.4

Level 4

Maybe we should change Apache Sling Authentication Service instead of the missing Day CRX Configuration Manager ?

image.png

Employee Advisor

I checked the login js and the config, both have been changed and we need to get the document updated for the same.

Were you able to test after updating the Apache sling authentication service?

Level 4

@Mayank Ghandi

if we mess up changing this we will not be able to login again to change what we did, so I prefer to wait for an official response from adobe.

we had this response from adobe via ticket... we are still waiting...

I accept that the code is different from 6.3 to 6.4 , but I would say outcome is similar . Actually with the different code they are only appending /lc with the context either it is j_security_check or j_sling_security_check . I don't think the issue is happening because of this code change.

Level 4

for the moment we have given up on AEM 6.4, we will go with 6.3.

Employee Advisor

Can you please inbox the Daycare ticket number to us.