Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Cookie is not getting created through dispatcher

Level 7

Hi Team,

I have to create a cookie based the page which is opened. It is getting created in publish instance. But when I accessed the same page through dispatcher, the cookie is not getting created. I have seen this thread - CQ dispatcher - Cookie issue . As per this we shouldn't cache pages, but my pages should cached.

Is there any way to create cookie through dispatcher by allowing the respective cookie names using any of the dispatcher configuration rules?

I'm using AEM 6.2.

Please help me in this. If there is no configuration from dispatcher end, I will follow the second solution given by Jorg.CQ dispatcher - Cookie issue​@

Thanks,

AryA.

4 Replies

Level 10

What Jörg mentioned is correct. Page gets cached but since cookie is getting created dynamically. You have to follow either of the shared two solution by him to make it work.

Level 3

I have the exact same problem for cookie functionality I'm working on. I can't delete the cache so I can only use the second solution

• You create the cookie in a more lightweight call (e.g on an AJAX call), which then creates the cookie.

Is this on a front end level using javascript?

Level 7

You can create cookie either from front end using document.cookie or in the back-end using servlet