Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 Forms on JEE with WebSphere 8.5.5

Level 2

Is anyone running AEM Forms 6.3 SP1 (6.3.0-0008) on JEE with WebSphere 8.5.5, Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS SQL Server 2012?

We upgraded in-place from LiveCycle ES4 SP1 to AEM Forms 6.3.0-008 but we can't get the XMLFormService (XMLForm.exe) to run.  It starts, but then shuts down with the error: "java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine".

LiveCycle  ES4-SP1 ran fine on this exact server before we ran the AEM 6.1 Install, then AEM 6.3 install (2-step upgrade).

All WebSphere configuration settings are per the Install WebSphere manual.  https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-3/install-cluster-websphere.pdf

Just wondering if anyone else is on WebSphere and having success, or if you are running JBoss or WebLogic.

2 Replies

Level 2

I can't answer that question directly but all the upgrades I did for customers was by doing a fresh install of AEM 6.3 (or earlier) and then we simply imported the applications we had by exporting the .lca on the ES4 side and imported them into AEM. Maybe worth trying.

BR

Maruan

Level 2

We have a lot of long-lived processes, of which hundreds are "running" at any point in time.  That's why we planned to do an in-place upgrade.

On a JEE install, seems like it is a fresh install. I create a new install directory, creates new EAR files, and then the Configuration Manager knows it's an upgrade from the selected version.  It upgrades the Repository and keeps the "running" processes in tact.

Seems to go along with what the upgrading documentation was saying.  Does this not work in the real world?